We had our monthly afternoon service on Sunday. We purposefully try to make it a different format to the morning service. Instead of systematically preaching through a book of the Bible, we take a theological topic, watch a relevant video and then break into small groups to discuss some questions. We come back together for a plenary feedback session and then we do the whole thing a second time to push our thinking a bit further.
This Sunday we considered the meaning of life. Here is what we did:
- What is God’s glory?
- Isa 6:3; Psa 19:1-4; Rom 1:21-25; Eph 1:6; 2 Thes 1:9; 2 Cor 4:3-6
- Why does it make sense to serve God’s glory?
- Joh 17:2-23; Rom 5:2, 8:16-22; 2 Thess 2:13-14; Ti 2:13
- How does looking to Jesus lead to our glorification?
- 2 Cor 3:16-18, 4:1-6; Rom 8:29-30; Eph 5:25-27
- If glorifying God is ‘showing off his greatness’, what practical ways might we do this?
- How should our glorifying God affect:
- Our life together as a church?
- Our mission?
- Our day to day lives as individuals?