Once per month, we have an afternoon service. We purposefully try not to replicate what we do in our morning meeting. We usually watch a video, break into discussion groups led by a capable teacher and then discuss two or three questions. We then have a plenary feedback session before watching a second video, to push our thinking a bit further, and doing the same again.
This month, we decided to look at the gospel. Here is what we did:
- Where might our presentations of the gospel be strong and where are they deficient?
- What bits of the gospel are we tempted to emphasise and which bits are we tempted to downplay here in Oldham? Why?
- How can we make sure we are sharing the gospel as it really is and not over/under emphasising certain aspects of it?
- What practical difference should the gospel make to our lives?
- What ways are we tempted to live as though Jesus is not Lord?
- How can we ensure the gospel penetrates all areas of our life?